Now this is what I call "Fixer Upper" chairs! They were only $5 each, although some people think I should have been paid to haul them off!
I tightened them up with wood glue, fixed a small split, and removed the old seats.
After a little sanding, they were ready for their makeover!
Chalk paint and a little selective distressing and they are ready for a seat!
I had pieces of upholstery left from other projects, see here, and I combined the scraps for the two seats I needed. I had to pay more for the foam used for the cushion than I did for the chairs or upholstery!
(The Morris chair is still in the background, but will be eventually moved to the sewing room.)
My husband got all my shelves up in the "Butler's Kitchen". I cut out the brackets for the shelves, then stained and sealed all the pieces. I still need to fill the screw holes.
It is taking a LONG time to get this house the way we want it, but now that I can see progress, it is more fun! We still have a lot to do, but the main floor is close to being finished!