Check out the Guest Blogger on Quilting Bloggers today! It will be ME!!! You can get to know me just a bit better and learn a little of my "journey" to this point in my life. I hope you will check this out and leave a comment. I would love to hear from you! Because you read this far and even came to my blog, I'll tell you a few things about myself that aren't in my guest blog post.
1. I once lived in a 100 year old Victorian house that had some "spooky" happenings. It was a great house with 10 fireplaces, hardwood floors, and even a secret room. I miss that house.
2. I love Christmas so much, I have a long tradition of putting a tree in every room.
In fact, two of my homes have been featured on Christmas tours in two different towns.
|My quilting room last Christmas. (My grandmother's aprons are used as curtains.)|
|"off roading" in Moab, Utah|
4. I am afraid of swimming in deep water because of what might be "under there". Hey, I saw "Jaws"! When we go to the beach, I walk along the shore line.
|Picking up fossilized shark teeth on Topsail Island, NC|
|rocks from the Pacific Northwest|
5. I think rocks are beautiful. I also love flowers, birds, sunsets, rivers, ......just about anything in nature. ( I once carried five pounds of rocks home in my suitcase after visiting my son in the Pacific Northwest.)
|Quilting inspiration in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic|
6. I have fabric that I think is so pretty, I have never cut into it. I just take it out and look at it every now and then. Actually, I have several pieces like that. Since I couldn't find fabric in some of my travels, I bought wraps that I could cut up and make quilts from. I can't stand to cut into it now!
7. I went whale watching in the Dominican Republic.
8. I've eaten Mexican food in Fiji, Paris (France), London (England), Jamaica, Cancun, and the Dominican Republic. Not to mention all the states in the United States. I still think the Tex-Mex I get in San Antonio is the BEST!
|The Canyon Cafe in Paris, France, 2002|
9. I broke two toes in the South Pacific and had to hobble through the airport. Actually, my passport was lost on that trip and I almost had to stay behind!!!!! It was found just in time.
10. I love old Christmas movies all year! Among my favorites are The Bishop's Wife, Christmas in Connecticut, Miracle on 34th Street, and A Christmas Story (this one is not all that old, but I still love it!)
Now, that was more than you ever wanted to know about me!