Buzzings from a quilter who bumbles her way through life!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Spring Inspiration

It's already spring in south Texas! Well, sort of. The weather is hovering in the 70's and low 80's and the birds are singing. I have plants that survived the week or so of winter that we had and I'm ready for them to start blooming any day now. Of course, there is always a night of freezing weather between now and Easter, so I guess I shouldn't get too excited. 


This weather puts me in the mood to quilt with beautiful spring colors.   Nature is always an inspiration to me. 
The quilt above is one of my rare pieced patterns. Most of my patterns contain applique. As you can see, I couldn't resist the urge to add a little embroidery. The bluebonnets in the center are made from tiny yo-yos. The fabric is from a Moda line of bluebonnet fabric. The pattern debuted last year. I am feeling inspired to come up with another spring pattern. I love the colors that we see displayed across the fields around here. (These photos are from last year. The show hasn't begun yet!)

      Let me be the first to wish you a Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can leave your comment here! (I'm so sorry, but if you are an Anonymous commenter, your comment will not publish. This is because of the huge amounts of spam that I have received from anonymous sources.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...