Buzzings from a quilter who bumbles her way through life!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Fifteen Minutes of Fame

This 5'2" little old lady is me. I'm at the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo - being honored for my block accepted into the Texas Department of Agriculture Quilt. (I'm pointing to my block.)
The quilt was beautiful in "real life". Each block depicted "Texas Wildlife".
I was invited to be present and help with the unveiling at the show. It was first unveiled at the state fair, but I was unable to attend. The quilt will travel around the state for a couple of years.






 Here is my square before I sent it off to the competition.





I was pulled aside to be interview by a local radio station! I was petrified! (That is me in the tan jacket.) I have absolutely no idea what I said. I told my friends, "Now I can cross radio disc jockey off my list of things to be when I grow up!" Perhaps if I had known I would be interview and had an idea of what would be asked, I would have been more relaxed.
It was a good day. It's always nice to feel "affirmed and validated". To see a good photo of this quilt go to:
lhttp://www.gotexan.org/gt/channel/render/items/0,1218,1670_23945_0_0,00.html  

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can leave your comment here! (I'm so sorry, but if you are an Anonymous commenter, your comment will not publish. This is because of the huge amounts of spam that I have received from anonymous sources.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...