Buzzings from a quilter who bumbles her way through life!

Friday, February 24, 2017

I'm Here for Show and Tell!

I have been really busy since I last posted. 
We have almost finished the downstairs. We still have the staircase to trim out and finish, but the downstairs apartment is very livable.
Above is our little kitchenette. It has a sink, microwave, and refrigerator. If we needed to add a stove, we could put a cook top in the island. We mostly keep snacks here to use with the media room.

 Here you can see it in relation to the staircase (unfinished as you see). There is a large patio door at the side that you can't really see. It is in a covered area and gives access to the back patio. (Sugarplum photo bombed me! She really likes this new area.)

 Here is the main guestroom downstairs. The bed is a queen, so the room is small, but not tiny. (The painting on the wall is an original watercolor by my sister. It is of my granddaughter and me at Topsail Island hunting shark's teeth.)
 Here is the room a year ago!
 The pink room in the BEFORE picture above, became part of the new bedroom. Two bathrooms went beside that. Here is the one off the bedroom. You can see the big window in the following guest bath photo. Since we have rock on the wall outside, we didn't want to have the expense of changing the window. 
 The vanity is tucked in at the end of the shower. The shower is quite large. 
Second bathroom off the hallway and across from the media room.
 I still need to make drapes and paint the closet door to match the walls. (Media rooms are supposed to be dark!) We designed this room as a second downstairs bedroom. The platform for the theater seats is made to be removable. The couch is also a hideabed. 
In my sewing room, I now have a rolling cutting table!

 My husband made it out of the cubicles and top I had been using. The top is actually the top from my daddy's old drafting table, so it is a sentimental addition. It is also the perfect size for a large cutting mat!
I wanted my table on wheels so I could move it around. It is perfect for moving to the side of my sewing area!
My sewing room is quite large and if this area were used as an apartment or "mother-in-law suite", this would be the living/dining room area. It even has a door to the front yard and a separate entrance as seen near the dress form above. 
We are nearing the "home stretch" now! We are slow at getting the work done, but that is the way it is when you do things mostly yourself on a budget! With the help of Craigslist, thrift shops, recycling what we had, etc., we have done pretty well I think! I love my new space.
 

post signature

21 comments:

  1. Wonderful work! I know it will be a real joy when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful and beautiful - what joy. You made it your place which makes it so special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...you guys have accomplished so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cubicle storage unit. What a beautiful space for creating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your rooms are beautiful! Especially the sewing room . I'm green with envy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMAZING....love the sewing room.....I think I need a slobber rag

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is beautiful! It looks clean and open and comfortable all at once, that's a hard balance to strike! I just went to my blog today and saw that you left me a comment a month ago that I didn't see because I moderate the old posts! Thank you for your warm thoughts and all the love and strength you shared through the most confusing moments of the journey. I hope you and the family are well Lara!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great Linda. I am so glad you can see the light at the end of the tunnel now. Remodeling can be exciting but it really takes a toll too. It's hard work! Y'all have done a fantastic job and I love your sewing studio.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful rooms! Represents a lot of hard work. But the enjoyment will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. I must say that I'm impressed by the details you've put into your renovation project. My wife has been after me for years to get busy and renovate our home. She wants a new bathroom, and sewing room added on to the house. Your blog has motivated me to get started on those projects now. She'll be glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hello there Linda. Your downstairs look lovely in the new house. I wonder if I might ask if you know what happened to Mdm Samm. Actually I don't really need any info - just to know she is alright. I tried emailing her when she disappeared - her and Cori - but no reply and I think of her quite often and wonder if she and her husband David are alright. Thanks Karen, Miss H and Baa. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Time for another show and tell!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blog was absolutely fantastic!
    Great deal of great information & this can be useful some or maybe the other way.
    Keep updating your blog,anticipating to get more detailed contents.
    ตารางบอล

    ReplyDelete
  14. The best platform of entertainment where you can watch Indian Dramas, Pakistani Dramas, Video Songs and Funny Videos
    funskorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love EVERYTHING!!!! What a great couple of additions!!!! I know you will create many beautiful things here!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The company is specialized in all types of cleaning, such as cleaning the house, roofs, villas, reservoirs and all kinds of cleaning. It works on the customer's comfort and win the trust of the customers by Quality of service provided by our company in this field.

    Cleaning is one of the things that give great importance to the place, regardless of the house or the company and the size and leave them and neglect whatever the furniture in them will be alienated from them, especially if some guests came to your home or hold meetings in your company will notice question marks on the faces of all those in disarray and disgust from the public landscape So the company's cleanliness and the company show the furniture in it and make your home or your company attractive to you and your guests, making yourself a milestone in the field of your job and make respect for you other than the duty of cleaning your home and arrange your priorities so our dear customer cleaning the house or the company on A great amount of inspiration that must be made in Zahnk and works to implement and the company of excellence is the best solution to this problem and will make you proud of yourself and your guests with the service that we carry out for you.

    Cleaning company in Al-Kharj
    It offers cleaning services to all its customers because it knows the importance of cleanliness and its impact on the family in terms of high energy positive when they look at their home is at the highest level of cleanliness Vtzad joy and positive energy for work while neglecting the house and not arrange and clean makes the house an example of the gathering of negative energy and many Problems that occur as a result of negligence We are well aware that the housewife can not alone do all these burdens, especially if they have a special work in this case must be used by our company, which works to solve all problems of cleaning easily and with high quality As well as after the completion of our periodic maintenance of a clean place sedulity always.
    افضل شركة نقل اثاث بالخرج
    افضل شركة تنظيف خزانات بالخرج
    افضل شركة مكافحة حشرات بالخرج
    افضل شركة تنظيف موكيت بالخرج
    افضل شركة تنظيف منازل بالخرج
    افضل شركة تنظيف بالخرج

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really enjoyed this post really amazing one. very informative and useful article, Keep doing a greats post. I wait more and more information from u. our IMVU Gift Card generator helps you get free IMVU credits within a flick.

    ReplyDelete

  18. شركة تنظيف مكيفات سبليت بالرياض
    تمتلك افضل الطرق والمعدات في تنظيف الواحدات الداخلية والخارجية للمكيفات توفر تنظيف المكيفات الاسبلت الفريون الكاست شركة غسيل مكيفات توفر خدمة تعبئة الفريون بسعر مميز شركة نظافة مكيفات تساعد علي رفع كفاءة التشغيل مرة اخري
    شركة تنظيف مسابح بالرياض
    شركة تسليك مجارى بالرياض

    ReplyDelete

You can leave your comment here! (I'm so sorry, but if you are an Anonymous commenter, your comment will not publish. This is because of the huge amounts of spam that I have received from anonymous sources.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...