Buzzings from a quilter who bumbles her way through life!

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

May 2015 at the Hill Country House

We had a really busy long weekend in the Hill Country! It was a gorgeous weekend with a few rain showers scattered throughout.  My husband spent many hours with a pressure washer, a brush, and enough Clorox to float a boat!

 Before

After

I planted some Cinco de Mayo rose bushes (a Mother's Day gift! I LOVED the ones I had at the other house) along with some Coreopsis, Ginger, Hydrangeas, and a Loquat tree. That also meant pulling out the overgrown plants that were in those beds. I left some lavendar that smelled so good I couldn't pull it despite the fact that it has grown toward the sidewalk and not the flower bed. 
(The lattice will be removed, but right now it is keeping the deer from eating the plants in this area! Most is fenced.)

My husband installed a drip system on the plants so we can keep them alive during the hot summer. Mulch will be next, but we ran out of time!
I cleaned up a $50 thrift shop secretary and moved it into the corner of the living room. 
Before
After
We ordered ceiling fans for the living room. We ended up going to a specialty shop to find what we had in mind, namely fan blades of real wood and not "contact paper" wood look or plastic. They'll be here in about two weeks.
 We ordered granite for the pantry (cream with a gray throughout that coordinates with the gray in the kitchen). It will be installed in about three weeks. We also ordered a sink and faucets for that area.
 AND, I painted and glazed the cabinets in the pantry.
First of two coats of base paint.

This photo is from the island cabinets, but the glaze in the pantry is the same. For some reason, I failed to get an after photo!

All that work and I still managed to stop by a thrift shop for a quick look. I found these little tea cups for 99 cents each! I bought 13, which was all they had.
Things are moving along! 

12 comments:

  1. Wow you have been busy. I love all the changes and work you've done and those steps look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every detail and all the hours spent are truly making your house a home. The steps look amazing! Your landscaping is beautiful and I do hope the deer do not eat your plants. You find the very best thrift items and then turn them into stunning. Well done dear. Looks like all is coming along and soon you will be enjoying the fruits of your labor. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, your house is looking great. I love stone, so those stairs are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is coming along nice, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The exterior of your home is magnificent, just like the interior. Would love to see some shots of the entire exterior of your house. Everything is just gorgeous. lv2bquilting2@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing what your doing.....I love your thriftiness and your uptown Texas chic style !

    ReplyDelete
  7. What amazing before and after pics of those steps...beautiful! Love the flower beds! I've totally enjoyed this journey you're on in fixing up the house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi LInda...everything is coming alive, it is wonderful...and I love your steps and your china buffet wink....will send you something ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys work so so hard! And....what beautiful results!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowzers, Linda, everything is looking beautiful. I've been catching up on my reading and you've been super busy. Love the Hawaii pictures and all the progress on your house. Looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing! It's just beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great work in the outside and inside. Hope the flooding isn't in that area, too. Stay safe and dry.

    ReplyDelete

You can leave your comment here! (I'm so sorry, but if you are an Anonymous commenter, your comment will not publish. This is because of the huge amounts of spam that I have received from anonymous sources.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...