Buzzings from a quilter who bumbles her way through life!

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Gift Idea for Your Quilting Friends!

If you're needing a small holiday gift for quilting friends (or any other friends for that matter!) this might be an easy one for you to try. If you're like me, when you quilt, sew, or embroider, you often end up with pricked, sore fingers. This lotion has vitamin E to help them heal and to give your hands a soothing, smoothing treat on these cold, dry days. (I am having a horrible time getting my post to do what I want it to do! I'm having to write all of this as a comment on the photo since I can't seem to do anything else!!! ) There are recipes all over the internet for making hand lotion at home. The one I chose is from Patchwork Times and uses 16oz. baby lotion, 8 oz. Vitamin E cream, and 8 oz. Vaseline. I chose the Vaseline that contains Cocoa Butter. Mix all of the above in a mixer until it is creamy. I found empty squeeze bottles (3 oz. size) in the travel section at Wal-Mart. I had to fill them by putting the lotion in a plastic bag (the kitchen zipper type) and snipping off one corner. I then squeezed the lotion into each bottle, tapped it to settle the lotion, and filled again until full. I made up a name for it and printed off a free vintage tag (also found by searching the internet). I tied a ribbon around the top of each and they are ready for gift giving.

Here is another site you might want to check out for recipes, suggestions, and even labels! This site has a natural lotion that does not use "pre-existing" lotions.
A Sonoma Garden 
 

7 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting and I think I will try it! Something to whip up in the kitchen that isn't going to add pounds. :D Thanks Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great gift idea. Must try it out (but only after Christmas as I have too much on my plate at the moment)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought of making lotion - but I sure like the idea. Thank you for sharing, Linda. The packaging you chose for your gifts are really appealing, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been looking for a gift for several friends in my quilting group - thanks for a great idea! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing. I hope blogger plays nice and gets himself back to normal asap! :)

    ReplyDelete

You can leave your comment here! (I'm so sorry, but if you are an Anonymous commenter, your comment will not publish. This is because of the huge amounts of spam that I have received from anonymous sources.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...