Buzzings from a quilter who bumbles her way through life!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Ten Things You May Not Know About Me!


Check out the Guest Blogger on Quilting Bloggers today! It will be ME!!! You can get to know me just a bit better and learn a little of  my "journey" to this point in my life. I hope you will check this out and leave a comment. I would love to hear from you! Because you read this far and even came to my blog, I'll tell you a few things about myself that aren't in my guest blog post.
     
     1. I once lived in a 100 year old Victorian house that had some "spooky" happenings. It was a great house with 10 fireplaces, hardwood floors, and even a secret room. I miss that house.

     2. I love Christmas so much, I have a long tradition of putting a tree in every room.
    In fact, two of my homes have been featured on Christmas tours in two different towns.
My quilting room last Christmas. (My grandmother's aprons are used as curtains.)


"off roading" in Moab, Utah
     3. I have actually done hand quilting while "off-roading" on mountain trails with my husband, who is a real Jeep fan! (We each have Jeeps.) If he was going to fall off the side of a mountain, I was going with him!
  

   4. I am afraid of swimming in deep water because of what might be "under there". Hey, I saw "Jaws"! When we go to the beach, I walk along the shore line.
Picking up fossilized shark teeth on Topsail Island, NC
  



rocks from the Pacific Northwest


  5. I think rocks are beautiful.  I also love flowers, birds, sunsets, rivers, ......just about anything in nature. ( I once carried five pounds of rocks home in my suitcase after visiting my son in the Pacific Northwest.)


  





Quilting inspiration in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

    
6. I have fabric that I think is so pretty, I have never cut into it. I just take it out and look at it every now and then. Actually, I have several pieces like that. Since I couldn't find fabric in some of my travels, I bought wraps that I could cut up and make quilts from. I can't stand to cut into it now!




 
  7. I went whale watching in the Dominican Republic.






     8. I've eaten Mexican food in Fiji, Paris (France), London (England), Jamaica, Cancun, and the Dominican Republic. Not to mention all the states in the United States. I still think the Tex-Mex I get in San Antonio is the BEST!

The Canyon Cafe in Paris, France, 2002

    9. I broke two toes in the South Pacific and had to hobble through the airport. Actually, my passport was lost on that trip and I almost had to stay behind!!!!! It was found just in time.

    10. I love old Christmas movies all year! Among my favorites are The Bishop's Wife, Christmas in Connecticut, Miracle on 34th Street, and A Christmas Story (this one is not all that old, but I still love it!)


     
Now, that was more than you ever wanted to know about me!

11 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your post in Quilting Bloggers so, I came on over here to visit! I loooove whimsical applique quilts and bright colors, too. I'm getting ready to post two e-patterns for whimsical baby quilts. Also, I'm Dominican! :o) Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Crafty Gemini! I took a look at your two blogs also. They are really good! I will have to try out some of your recipes!!! Thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to comment on you being Dominican. You have a beautiful country! We really enjoyed visiting!!!!! I know you must miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I come from Quilting Bloggers to have a look at your blog and LOVE your work & applique tips. I am now a follower, hugs from France.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome, Bea, and thank you so much! I will look forward to your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though I don't quilt, I just had the most fun reading your blog and your guest blog. Love your designs. You are one talented woman!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Freeda (Fred)! Wish you still lived nearby. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you letting us know you better! I enjoy your blog very much.

    Thank you for the comment on my blog! The mushroom is a fly fungus(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_muscaria), pritty and poisenous. Grows in my garden in fall.

    Have a wonderful weekend,

    Hugs from Mona in Norway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Mona! I'll keep checking your blog. It is so nice to see that people separated by so many miles can be connected by common interests!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad that to get to know you for the occasion.
    I will observe your blog.
    Lover foltsewing greeting :)
    "To sew many friendships with thread with needle"

    MARIKA HUNGARY

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Marika! It is exciting to hear from quilters who live so far away!
    I went to your blog and really enjoyed it. I tried to leave a message, but the comment page wouldn't "translate" and I could never get it to work. I wanted you to know that your quilts and bags are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

You can leave your comment here! (I'm so sorry, but if you are an Anonymous commenter, your comment will not publish. This is because of the huge amounts of spam that I have received from anonymous sources.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...