Buzzings from a quilter who bumbles her way through life!

Monday, June 27, 2016

Humpty Dumpty Had a Great Fall!



It has been some time since I last posted. A lot has happened in that time. 
Do you see the top tier of terrace in the picture above? To give you a little idea of the scale, it is about 10 feet from top to bottom. Well, a couple of weeks ago I fell backwards off of this wall and landed just about a foot from the concrete at the bottom. I fractured my tibia near the knee, tore a meniscus, and fractured my ribs. (I also broke a toe, but I hurt so badly everywhere else, I didn't even know that for a day or so!) I have been in bed with my leg elevated and on ice. I was given crutches, but they hurt my ribs so badly I was switched to a walker! (how humiliating! It's good practice for when I get a little older.). I go back to the orthopedic doctor in two more weeks to be reevaluated. Hopefully, the meniscus will heal on its own. I am feeling MUCH better, but have been ordered to stay off the leg until he sees me again.
My sweet husband his waiting on me hand and foot. He is cooking and cleaning and recording when I take pills. He has even taken over my responsibilities at church setting up Bible class supplies for the little ones. He told our friends that I had pulled a "Humpty Dumpty"!
In the meantime, 
the two showers have been tiled and Doug is putting new underlayment down in preparation for the flooring. We had to scrape and sand the old one just to put a new layer down. He also replaced an entry door. I put a second coat of paint on the walls before my fall. 
We are planning on getting my sewing room set up as quickly as possible. I am unable to get down the stairs right now to even see the progress. (I have said from "day one" that  I wanted an elevator! I wish I had nagged a little more!)  The work is going much more slowly with only one person working.
Before you go, can you spot our visitor in this photo. She was trying to hide from us as we drove up to the house. 
 These photos are not great,but perhaps you can get an idea of what she looked like.
Fox
I hope your summer is going great so far!! 
Hugs to all!
Linda
 
post signature

26 comments:

  1. Praying for no complication to show up and the rest of your recovery is speedy.
    That is a rather large fox, the ones here are not that big. Glad DH is the helpmate that he is. That is a blessing in itself. Enjoy the 4th if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I am so sorry for your fall. I hope you are not in too much pain. Bless your DH for taking such good care of you. Hope everything heals quickly. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you poor kid! My work partner is home with a bulging disk and I'm nursing an arthritis flare-up in my knee - we both are in pain and whining, so I can only image what you are going through. Hopefully you'll be back on your feet quickly and not doing any more wall climbing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, poor you. But remember, it could have been so much worst. I hope you'll feel as good as new in no time. Good to know that you are well looked after.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you heal fast and without any lasting effects, hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Linda, I'm so sorry that you had a nasty fall..and broken bones!!I hope you will heal fast so you can get outside in your yard once again AND to your sewing room. My thoughts are with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Humpty Dumpty was put back together again...so it sounds like you will too...But a fall 10 feet. OMG you have to stay away from that in the near future...a walker no less...I won't tell anyone lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry you have had to go through this, so hard when we injure ourselves as we get older, can't take a fall like we used to;) Prayers for quick healing and that you will be able to get into your new sewing room soon.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, no! That's a terrible fall with painful injuries. Having to use a walker when we get older (or pull a Humpty Dumpty) is probably payback for all the jokes we made about them when we were younger. Take care of yourself and hopefully you'll be up and running soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you a speedy recovery and hopefully your injuries will heal without any complications. No more playing King of the Mountain for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's not good to hear, Linda. I hope your injuries heal quickly. Lucky you have such a good nurse looking after you. Take care. Hugs, Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bless your heart! You'll just have to recline in the (hot) shade, sip some tea, and watch your foxy friend! Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wondered where you had been! I missed your blog posts. Sure hope you are feeling much better now and that you have a good report when you go to the doctor. I have knee problems so I am well acquainted with a walker. It might be an "old folks" aide but use it because it gives one stability, Take care and no more walking on high walls...

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have certainly had 'too much adventure.' It is wonderful that you have the surrounding care of your husband. He is helping to do what all the Kings horses and all the Kings men could not, so blessings on him for sure and on you too, as you continue to improve every day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry to hear about your tumble! But thank the Lord; you could have been hurt so much worse. Praying your recovery will be swift and complete. If you are like me, your creative thoughts will be in high gear as you await the "all clear" signal. Then there will be no stopping you. :->

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have sciatic issues and have taken many falls over the last few years. The worst is to fall backward and you can't even try to break your fall. Your fall could have been so much worse. Eat up any special treatment you can get!! Hope you recover 100% soon.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so sorry to hear about your fall Linda! As we get older.....falls seem to cause more damage but wow...that was a long way to fall. Heal fast!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you get better soon Linda. Sounds so scary falling backwards from a height. I went weak in the knees just reading about it. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh LInda....how dreadful! Glad to hear you improving a bit. Broken ribs are so painful for so long, but to have the other injuries as well is horrible. Please get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That was a terrible accident! I hope you continue to have a good recovery. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness, we sure don't bounce like we used to! Not sure I would have ever bounced from a fall that far! So glad you're on the mend. We are back in Texas again. Bought a house between McQueeney and Seguin and have turned it into a quilting retreat house. When you're up and moving again, please stop by and see me, or bring friends and stay for a retreat. I'm pretty close!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my! So sorry about the fall. Never fun, but, 10 feet? Wow! Hope you heal quickly. After your ribs heal, you can try getting down the stairs on your rump. At least that will give you a change of scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  23. How awful! Hope you are on the mend quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  24. How awful! Hope you are on the mend quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh NO! Poor you! I hope you are feeling better than you did when you wrote this post. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  26. OH Linda....I am so sorry for your fall!!! I can imagine that you are enduring the pain well, but not the "no-activity" part of the healing. Get well soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

You can leave your comment here! (I'm so sorry, but if you are an Anonymous commenter, your comment will not publish. This is because of the huge amounts of spam that I have received from anonymous sources.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...