Buzzings from a quilter who bumbles her way through life!

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

December Hill Country House Update - Kitchen


The kitchen is coming along! The stone has been installed and we are waiting on the flooring to go in. We still have crown molding to put on the cabinets and top of the vent surround. Some cabinets need paint and the vent surround needs plastering. After this photo was taken, the electrical outlets were finished and those blue boxes you see on the penninsula are now nice ivory covers.


Here is a photo from the other side of the columns. The red cedar island top you see is not installed yet and is only set down there to see how it will look. There is still a plastic cover on the countertops. The stone masons actually left it in place and it is mortared in where the stone comes down to the countertops! We will have to figure out a way to remove it without scratching our counters! The cabinet to the right of the vent does not have it's shelves and door yet and the cabinets connected to it has not been painted. We still have a lot to do, but now I can see my vision coming to life! 


This is panning to the left of the island. You can see the cabinets still need crown molding. (There is some old molding still attached to some of them.) I will also have to choose lights for over the island and the window sink.
The pot filler is due to be delivered today!

My kids were all here for Thanksgiving and we went up to the hill country house for a day. My grandson doesn't have many chances to climb trees and that was very much on his "want list"! He went from tree to tree having a great time! 




I hope you have the chance to do something you love today!

20 comments:

  1. Oh my - what a beautiful kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is absolutely stunning, so airy and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LINDA!!!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! That stone is perfect! and I can not wait to see that island! Do you think you could be there for Christmas? CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your kitchen, beautiful finishes and layout.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it seems like a long time but your dream kitchen is coming to life! Oh my.... it's so beautiful...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kitchen is coming along nicely, Linda. I love the arched window.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new kitchen! This is going to be a great house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited for you to be seeing your vision taking place, Linda! Has it been about two years, now, since you lost the house in the fire? The rock walls are just gorgeous in the new kitchen.....it's like you will live in a castle!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All I can say is WOW ! It's looking like a true Hill Country home !

    ReplyDelete
  10. You must be thrilled beyond words to see this dream kitchen coming to life right before your eyes. It's been a long time, but so worth it, don't you think? I'm a, want it done yesterday type of person, but even I would be willing to wait this out. I'm so happy for you and family. Have a very blessed Christmas and Happy New Year. lv2bquilting2@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loveeeeeeeee you Kitchen. Nothing better than Texas stone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, that is a "to die for kitchen"! You're going to love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That kitchen is amazing! It would definitely tempt me to do some cooking and baking!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! The stone is wonderful! I'm looking forward to seeing photos of the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! Nice for entertainment. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. it is wow Linda....you must be itching to cook

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh! Your kitchen looks so beautiful. I love the cobblestone design, and I'm sure it'll look even more gorgeous once everything is finished. Thank you so much for sharing the progress of your kitchen! Good luck with the rest of the work!

    Arthur Bryant @ ContractorExpress

    ReplyDelete

You can leave your comment here! (I'm so sorry, but if you are an Anonymous commenter, your comment will not publish. This is because of the huge amounts of spam that I have received from anonymous sources.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...