Buzzings from a quilter who bumbles her way through life!

Monday, August 13, 2012

Pinata Pillow


 Have you ever had a pinata at a birthday or holiday party? They are very common around here and they come in just about every shape, color, and theme you could imagine.
This little pillow reminds me of a pinata. I made it using scraps and it was very easy to make. 
I have a free pattern download just for you, my loyal readers, at my Craftsy storefront. Just click on the button at the top of my sidebar and it will take you there. You will see the pillow among my quilts. (While you're there, take a look around. I am currently uploading all my patterns to this site. It is taking a while for me to do that, but as I do, I'm making a note of it on my "My Patterns" page at the top of this post.)

This little pillow is easy to make! It might be a nice Christmas gift for someone you know. The colors can be changed. How about one in a gradation from white, to grays, to black? Or maybe stripes of school colors? Use your imagination.   
post signature 






15 comments:

  1. Cute pattern, Linda ... Thanks!
    I signed up for and learned how to use Craftsy today, too .... ;) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty,thankyou Linda.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing this great pillow pattern! I have downloaded it (and found you on Craftsy - I love Craftsy!) and now it's on "the List".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Linda! This would be a hit for a tween girl's room, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so darling...and FUN! Thanks for the pattern. Happy new week to you...thank you for the sweet comments you always leave me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi LInda...and yes very familiar with pinata..I used to make them for my children for their birthdays...
    but not in heavens as pretty as yours..just lovely indeed

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful pinata pillow! Thanks so much Linda for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gidday Linda, what a sunny day to show off this pillow pinata. I have had fun with pinatas in USA not so much here but just love hitting them. Love the colour wave in yours so will be checking it out. Thanks for letting me know.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pillow. Thanks for letting me know that you are part of Craftsy. I just love that place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I am in LOVE with your pillow lady!! Great job! I just went to your store for the pattern. You're a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  11. really cute!!! catching up on older posts to and I love your grannie square quilt too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Linda,
    Beautiful Pinata pillow - thank you for your generosity. I am having difficulty on how to sew the strips onto the foundation. Is it like foundation piecing? I just can't understand how I would create the cuts.
    Thanks. Blessings to you

    ReplyDelete
  13. It does look like a little pinata! :)

    ReplyDelete

You can leave your comment here! (I'm so sorry, but if you are an Anonymous commenter, your comment will not publish. This is because of the huge amounts of spam that I have received from anonymous sources.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...